[AMPS] 6146 high imd/receivers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 6146 high imd/receivers
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:29:34 -0800
Igor: Does the AOR 7030 plus spec give a number for MDS? Also, does it give
the signal spacing used for the measurements? Most transceiver manufacturers
use whatever signal spacing gives them a good IP3 number. 50 and 100khz are
not uncommon. ARRL and the ham receiver experimenters I know of usually use
20 khz spacing , a much more severe test.  If the AOR 7030 does have a
decent MDS (i.e. -135dbm to -140dbm using CW bandwidth ) and an IP3 of
+30dbm measured using 20khz signal spacing, it is better than I have ever
seen in any amateur transceiver. I have tested a hundred or so of the top
line jobs. My elderly FT1000D has quad fet mixers and I believe that is
state of the art for commercial gear. I am not sure if this discussion is
appropriate for this reflector so better cut it short. 73, Dan, N5AR