[AMPS] trouble with Dentron GLA-1000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] trouble with Dentron GLA-1000
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 21:57:04 EST
Mark,
Are you able to get the unit to the operate position without keying..?
Then watch the plate current meter for movement before, or around the
time the fuse blows. That would indicate a tube issue. Otherwise, it's
probably a filter cap going away as they are pushed pretty hard in the
design. It might be a good idea to use a slightly smaller fuse when
testing.
cheers
skipp

[snip]
Hi all,
I need some help with my humble GLA 1000.  It's developed the nasty habit
of
blowing fuses after only a few minutes in the "standby" mode. And when
they
go, they don't just simply melt, they go with a distinct audible "pop".
I've had the amp apart and looked for anything obviously wrong, don't see
any visible damage, evidence of arcing, burning, etc. No funny smells, no
smoke.

What say you, amp gurus?  Where should I start? Could this be a tube
problem? Or is this the excuse I needed to buy that new Commander?

Mark AA8TC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]