[AMPS] Care and Feeding etc.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Care and Feeding etc.
From: johnf@futurenet.co.za (John Fielding)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 19:56:14 +0200
I suspect that since this book is long out of print and from comments made in
the last
few days is still a much sought after item that it might be time to write a new
version
for the amateur population.

I believe that sufficient expertise exists on this reflector to form a
"committee" to
re-write or at least write a successor to the book.

So I tender the following challenge - who is interested in contributing to this
publication.  Having been involved in a similar exercise some years ago I
realise it is a
somewhat daunting prospect, especially as the authors would be spread over a
vast
distance
and couldn't get together personally to plan the work.

Any takers?   Maybe Rich could deal with some of the theoretical aspects, Carl
from what
I have ascertained over the last months has a good practical experience of
various
amplifier designs, Ian G3SEK could contribute content on tetrodes and I could
supply
power supply information along with John Nelson GW4FRX.  So what say you?  Who
knows even
Eimac might be persuaded to help?

John    ZS5JF