[AMPS] Re: commercial plate choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: commercial plate choke
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:22:15 -0700
On Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:52:27 -0500 km1h@juno.com writes:

>Why not buy a current  Ameritron choke
>from Ameritron,  instead of thru a secondary market?? After all you
>get what you pay for with some surplus
>parts.

Well, let's see,

a. I guess I didn't think of RF Parts as a surplus store.

b. RFP has a nice inviting Web page, with a picture of the
   choke, electrical specifications and dimensions, all
   of which exactly met my requirements. I wasn't in the mood
   to call Ameritron and start laying out a bunch of specifications
   for a choke for a non-Ameritron amp. Ameritron's Web page
   doesn't have much in the way of parts.

c. In case the choke goes boom, I thought I would get better
   satisfaction from RFP than I would have from Ameritron,
   after putting the Ameritron part into a non-Ameritron amp.

73

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]