[AMPS] YU-121 / 3CX1200D7

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] YU-121 / 3CX1200D7
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 05:23:54 -0800

>Anyone have experience with an Eimac H800S (aka YU-121) ?
>
>From what I can gather, it is a 3CX1200D7, and is used in a Henry 3K Clssic
>Mk3.
>
>What are the major differences (in addition to what I can read on the Eimac
>web site, looks like maybe an error on the pass-thru capacitance?) between
>the three (3) versions of the 3cx1200 (a7, d7, z7) ?

The d7 is a bit less feedback-C than the a7.  The z7 has much less
feedback-C than the a7 and d7.  From Richardson EIectronics, the z7 costs
roughly $25 more.  //  I have seen the pass-thru /feedback capacitance
for the a7 listed as c. 0.8pF - and for the z7, at 0.08pF.  I have also
seen 0.8pF listed for the z7.  I have seen spec. sheets where the
feedback-C and another C spec are reversed.
-  later, Eric.

Rich...