[AMPS] Instant ON..

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Instant ON..
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:54:47 -0500
>So what good does having the tube instantly ready to for you if you still
need to tune the amp?

Hi Jon,

For me, it allows me to 1) tune the amp faster, rather than waiting 3-5
minutes for an indirectly-heated cathode to come to temperature, and 2) I
can generally tune the amp "by the numbers" in a few seconds simply by
keeping a written reference of my tuning and loading controls.  I do this
for different band segments as well.

90+ percent of the time, it doesn't matter for me, and I use my new 87A or
77Dx, but when I want full power, damn-fast, my Alpha 70V with its
directly-heated cathode delivers.

-Paul, W9AC