[AMPS] 4 off 4CX250BM Designs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4 off 4CX250BM Designs
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 12:42:44 -0500

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:07:38 EST G3CWI@aol.com writes:

>I pick up 4 new 4CX250BM valves at a hamfest recently. Does anyone
>know a
>source of a design using 4 valves for the HF bands? Presumably they
>can simply
>be operated in parallel but will I need independent bias adjustments
>for each
>tube?

For reasonable matching you can install individual bias pots and do a
simple static adjustment for equal idle currents. Not as good as dynamic
balancing but close.

The Tokyo High Power HL-1K used a pair with cathode drive and excellent
IMD. You might get a copy of that manual and go from there. It may have
been sold under a different name in the UK.

73  Carl  KM1H

>73
>Richard
>G3CWI
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]