[AMPS] Grid driven triodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Grid driven triodes
From: W8IK@ibm.net (Joe Subich, W8IK/4)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:07:28 -0500

>         Those big Crosleys at VOA had a neat output tuning
> system but I don't have the room. HI HI HI. By the way does
> anyone have pictures of the old Crosley transmitters?
> I saw them in the 60's and they were quite impressive.

Bill,

Check Jim Hawkins' site (http://www.exit109.com/~jimh/radio.shtml).
He has stuff on several of the old-time "big iron" stations including
VOA (Betany), WLW, etc.  The sub-title on the site is:

  Featuring Broadcast Transmitter Facilities of VOA, 700 WLW,
  WABC-77, RCI and other Standard Broadcast Stations with over
  300 pictures, most with downloadable larger versions, animations
  and VRML tours!

It's a fun plate to visit when I start missing the real QRO plants.

73,
   ... Joe Subich, W8IK/4  ex-AD8I
       <W8IK@IBM.NET>