[AMPS] Re: Electrical discharge through the heart (was Resoldering 3-500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Electrical discharge through the heart (was Resoldering 3-500Z pins)
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 99 09:38:02 -0500
>?  There was one person present in my scenario.  I essentially said that
>if an amateur radio operator realized that his heart has stopped,
>switching off the HV supply and Self-discharging the filter capacitor
>might restart his heart.  The adding of a second person is a whole nuther
>matter.

If one's heart has stopped, the person has gone into cardiac arrest.  I think
most people who go into cardiac arrest are unconscious.  Therefore they are
unable to turn off their HV supply and shock themselves.

So this whole thing is a ludicrous and non-sensical senario after all
regardless of what positive effect and HV discharge might have!

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden