[AMPS] 4-1000A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4-1000A
From: N3XBU@aol.com (N3XBU@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 09:18:45 EDT
Hi guys,

I have a homebrew 4-1000A amplifier based on K9LKA's design from 1963. It
uses a Peter Dahl transformer (5Kv@1 A), Jennings vacuum variables, a couple
of turns counters, a B&W 80-10 bandswitch, overdrive protection and metering
as follows: Plate voltage, Plate current, Grid current, Filament voltage and
a Drake wattmeter (200 and 2,000 forward and reflected), built in. Bleeder
resistors for safety and a pressurized cabinet with 60CFM blower thru the
Eimac chimney for the Eimac 4-1000A. Built into a steel 200 pound Navy
cabinet on 4 metal casters. It has easy front and rear access via hinged
doors. It makes about 1300 watts with 110 watts of drive.

I'm thinking of parting with it. My question is: What would be a good asking
price at a hamfest, etc.? Any reply is welcome.

Thanks, Brian K3VR