[AMPS] Re: full break-in

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: full break-in
From: wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu (William L. Fuqua III)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:03:55 -0400 (EDT)
I don't hear much about the old tube TR swiches.
Surely one could be used with a small lower power relay on the
transceiver end for full QSK. Have to time things such that
the tranceiver doesn't output power into the output of
the TR switch.
  The Johnson was rated for 4KW PEP input (ie 1KW AM at
100% modulation) Which translates to about 3KW at the
antenna terminals with a 1:1 SWR.

73
Bill wa4lav

At 09:39 AM 4/19/99 -0500, you wrote:

>>I would guess that for the digital modes PINs or speeded up vacuum relays
>>are the only choices for QRO but the digital modes occupy a very narrow
>>part of the bands and antennas or tuners can be set and forget. The same
>>can apply to exclusively CW ops most of the time.
>
>Well, I've successfully used Rich's QSK circuit with the RJ-1A in several
>Pactor QSOs and even an AMTOR QSO (*sigh* - few folks run AMTOR these
>days).  The whole system just worked swimmingly.  Never a problem.
>
>73,
>
>Jon
>KE9NA

>Jon Ogden
>
>jono@enteract.com
>www.qsl.net/ke9na

>--

  William L. Fuqua III  P.E.  E-mail WLFUQU00@POP.UKY.EDU  Phone (606) 257-4155
  Department of Physics and Astronomy      CP-177 Chem. Phys. Bldg.
  University of Kentucky ,                 Lexington, Ky 40506-0055