[AMPS] 30L-1 Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 30L-1 Problem
From: rtnash@netcom.ca (Robert Nash)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:43:51 -0400
Gentlemen

I am seriously thinking of putting my venerable 30L-1 back in service to
serve as an amp for a second radio. It retired with the S-Line a few years
ago. There was a persistent problem all the time I used it. The PA tuning
was always different than other 30L-1's making it very difficult to load on
80m.(I trimmed a special chunk of line to get it to work) The power output
was never quite up to spec either. I have 572B's in now but the problem was
virtually identical with the 811A's.

Has anyone had experience with this problem? Any clues gratefully accepted.

73 Bob VE3KZ
ve3kz@rac.ca