[AMPS] NIH Syndrome

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] NIH Syndrome
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:09:25 -0700
Some years ago I purchased a Japan Radio Densi transceiver.  When the VOX
gain was advanced beyond a certain point, the VOX circuit broke into
oscillation --  even when the microphone was off.  When I reported the
problem to the factory service people I was told that the radio is not at
fault and that the problem is caused by the operator turning the VOX gain
up too far.   However, with the VOX gain turned down enough to stop the
oscillation, one had to shout into the microphone to trip the VOX.  .
 .  It's always the other guy's fault.

Rich...