[AMPS] homemade 8877 socket

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] homemade 8877 socket
From: ny1e@server.nlbbs.com (Dick McDuffie)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 07:50:30 -0400
I built an 8877 socket as in the ARRL handbook using an 829B socket, mine
was an RCA instead of Johnson. In the article where they show which pins
are cathode and which are filament, there is a space between pins 1 & 7, on
mine they are equally spaced all the way around the socket and they don't
mention which one is the larger pin. How do I identify the filament pins?

Was there someone with $190 8877 pulls? or was that years ago....

                  Thanks, Dick NY1E