[AMPS] 7289's and other uWave tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 7289's and other uWave tubes
From: cgroen@image.dk (Carsten Groen)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 19:41:45 +0200
Hi John,
I used to be on 23 CM EME with a 5M (15 feet) homemade
dish. I used 4 of the N6CA amps in parallel, using 3 hybrids.
The watercooling jackets I used, was made of a piece of copper
tube that fit "almost" inside the tube. On the top of the copper
tube, I place a round piece of coppersheet. The coppersheet was
soldered to the top of the tube. In the copper sheet, I drilled
two holes, and soldered 2 small pieces of coppertube in these holes.
The hole thing was then put "into" the 7289's and glued with some
two component epoxy. I never had any failures with this approch,
ie no water leakage etc ! I have also used the "screw on" type of
jackets, but found that this approch was much easier to fabricate.

Carsten Groen, OZ9AAR
http://www.magicio.com/cgroen