[AMPS] Henry 2K2; glitch resistor in negative HV considerations

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 2K2; glitch resistor in negative HV considerations
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:33:34 -0700

>Rich et al...
>
>1. I doubt that the manufacturers' recommendations are meant to dissuade
>users from negative-lead resisting - more likely that the + line is more
>"obvious" and they didn't give it a thought. .

>If you can imagine, that is,
>Eimac (for instance) not thoroughly thinking everything through &
>publishing data accordingly.
>
>2. If the resistor is in the -HV line with a suitable clamping diode, it's
>difficult to imagine how tube damage or no damage resulting from an HV arc
>would be any different from that with R in +HV lline.

?  If the glitch-R is on the neg side of the anode-current meter shunt
resistor, it should act to limit peak fault current  --  provided that
the insulating ability of the neg. HV circuit is equal that of the  pos.
HV circuit.  Why go to the trouble of providing extra insulation in the
neg HV circuitry when the workaround is simple?

-  later, DIck

Rich...