[AMPS] Re: 2.5Mh-rfc

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: 2.5Mh-rfc
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:14:51 -0500
Jim,

All good points. The exploding RFC was a pretty good clue however, to QRT
fast! Actually, the DC at the antenna connector I was referring to was
static build-up from an un-DC grounded antenna, which can snap loudly inside
the amp cabinet. Such potentials could possibly far exceed your plate
voltage? If so, that could conceivably contribute to breaking down your
blocking cap?

TNX, 73,  Roy    K6XK