[AMPS] Solid State Amp Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Solid State Amp Problem
From: burtonpt@ix.netcom.com (Paul Burton)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:47:45 -0700
My Icom transceiver recently started putting out spurs every 6Khz above
and below my carrier at fairly strong rf level.  I have verified this
with a spectrum analyzer and also that the spurs are not present at the
input to the power amp board.  These spurs are not present when driving
into a dummy load, only into an antenna with about 1.3/1 SWR.  The
problem seems to be related to reflected power.  Can someone
knowledgable in solid stare amps confirm that this might be caused by
bad final transistors?  If not, what might cause it.  I appreciate any
help/comments.

73  Paul AA6Z
e-mail to:  burtonpt@ix.netcom.com