[AMPS] 7289 screw threads

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 7289 screw threads
From: johnf@futurenet.co.za (John Fielding)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 16:36:07 +0200
A little while back I asked for some clarification on the screw thread used to
attach the
air cooler to these tubes.  It appeared to be 3/8" x 16 Whitworth.

I have now obtained the Eimac data sheet and it gives the thread as 15/32
-16UNS - 28.  I
don't have any American engineering books and wondered if someone could explain
what this
means?  I suppose the 15/32 could be the inch fraction, making it just under
1/2", but
the tubes I have measured are smaller than this.

I also have the Eimac data sheet for the Y-579 and this gives the thread as
3/8-16UNS-28
which seems to tie in with what I measured.  I wonder why Eimac uses 2
different threads
for air coolers which look identical, or is the 15/32 a typo on the data sheet?

Sorry to be a nuisance but American data is sure hard to find in this country.

John    ZS5JF

from The Rainbow Nation.