[AMPS] Rig IMD (wass: Re: Ferrite Rod for 6M Amp)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Rig IMD (wass: Re: Ferrite Rod for 6M Amp)
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:53:03 -1000
Jon,  wrote,  in part:

> By the way, I know that Yaesu has some IM fixes that were implemented
> into the original FT1000/FT1000D radios.  I know this for a fact cause
> when I bought mine used last summer, I sent it in to Yaesu to have these
> upgrades performed (which they did for free).

Hmmm,  my D is also an older one,  bought it used about
3 years ago, actually in October of 1996.  It had been
sent to the Yaesu facility earlier that year and has had
the "diodes mod"  whatever that is.  So was "up to date"
as of around February of '96.  Seems to operate just
fine.

Now,  are the newer mods that I should send this back
to California to obtain??  Costs about $100 each way
from Kauai to California.  So,  if there are new mods,
hope they are worth the cost,  hi.

BTW,  nearest sources of strong signals during dense
operating events would be KH7R over on the North end
of Oahu,  maybe 105 miles SoEast of here,  and down on
160,  KH6CC is sometimes a problem even with Jack
about 300 miles on SE of Kauai.  He even can cause
problems at  KH7R during 'tests.  Jack likes to run QRO.

73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai