[AMPS] PIN stuff

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PIN stuff
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:14:41 +0100
Tom says:

>If you place the PIN diodes in parallel, place them in OPPOSITE
>polarity for RF but in series for RF.

I think Tom actually mean in series for DC. Bearing in mind that the forward
RF resistance in the diode is of the order 0.1 or 0.2 ohms, then the series
resistance of external parts will tend to dominate. Thus playing around with
parallel for RF and series for DC will tend to move the dominant losses to
the external components.

The old Unitrode application book was very good on this: I expect Microsemi
still publish something similar.

Anyhow, low voltage DC amps are relatively cheap.

73

Peter G3RZP