[AMPS] amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] amp
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:48:57 EDT

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 09:31:05 -0700 "Larry L. Ravlin"
<sheepdip@continet.com> writes:

>gentlemen,
>
>I have been gathering up stuff for a amp to utilize two tubes that I
have,
>Going to keep one for a spare (4CX5000A).  I have gotten to the Plate
xfmr
>and have a small problem that I need to over come,  ie.441 lbs.  I don't
>think I can live with a 600lb PS.
>
>What recomendations are there for the PS?
>
>Larry

Hi Larry,
   Wellllll, if you wanted to invest  more time and effort on the power
supply than the amplifier, you could build a switcher.   A "gravitational
constant" of 100 watts per pound is easily realized.  :-)

  One interesting benefit of a switching plate supply is the elimination
of excessive "glitch" energy...  and just think of the fun you could have
pointing out the .1uf / 10KV plate supply filter cap to visitors!

73,
  Marv WC6W

*