[AMPS] 3CX800

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3CX800
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:06:28 -0700

>Are these tubes delicate? The local radio club has a 2m amp with one; the
>standing current has dropped by a half, and the RF output is way down.
>Suspicion is that it got over driven: the amp has no protection. Are they
>easy to damage by overdrive?

?   For FM service, the rated max. cathode current is 0.6A.  Anything
more than that might cause cathode flaking.  To see if there's any
flaking, one can use a high-pot. to measure the leakage potential from
grid to cath.  My guess is that it should be at least 1kV at 2uA.   //
note:   While the high-pot is out, I would also measure leakage from
anode to grid @ 5kV using pos. and neg. polarities.
-  later, Peter

Rich...