[AMPS] AL-811 info????

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-811 info????
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:05:19 -0700
Cedric wrote:

<Performing my first amp repair (mine) and need a little help....

Hi Cedric,

While I can't tell you what the value of resistors are used in your
amplifier, allow me to take this opportunity to remind you of a couple of
basic safety precautions:

1. Unplug your amplifier BEFORE taking any screws out of the cabinet AND be
sure the plug is in plain sight laying on the floor.
2. With an insulated tool (I use a long plastic and rubber covered
scewdriver) short out any residual HV left in the filter capacitors before
touching anything "under the hood". This is easily done by touching the
cabinet (chassis) first and then touching the plate (anode) cap.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!