[AMPS] more HV rectifers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] more HV rectifers
From: w3am@juno.com (Gary Blau)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 21:31:41 -0400
> Gary, W3AM, has his nose inside broadcast radio TX, so his are
> probably the
> state of the art as far as reliability and lowest cost for the
> performance
> required in that service. $450 each, eh?

FWIW, that module was for 1/3 of the 3 phase stack in a Continental 816R
25KW FM xmtr.  B+ is 9KV at up to 4 amps DC, but I'm sure they have more
headroom than that.  Considering the premium Continental has to charge
for emergency parts, their real cost for the module was probably less
than $100.  It was an International Rectifier module.

In fairness to shunt R&C fans, the old stack ran fine until a roof leak
dumped H2O on top of them while energized.  Bang!

Hi, John.  Don't forget to wear your proton repellant & sunscreen out
there.  Love your always educational messages.

Gary
W3AM
http://www.w3am.com