[AMPS] Re: bias question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: bias question
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:16:18 -0400
>      But then again using a class C driver to drive the big amp
>      might prevent people from operating within 2 kHz from my
>      frequency, hmmm just wounder ..........

Jim,

A long time ago I used a vertical antenna mounted above my yagi
as a transmitting antenna, and received on the yagi. The vertical
way up in the air was only about 7 or 8 dB weaker than my 5
element yagi, and I made up for the loss in ERP with added power.

That pretty much kept the "beam-to-beam" guys in Florida working
New York off my frequency.

2 kHz away problems are not caused by splatter, it is poor
operating at the root. If your desired signal doesn't bother them,
additional splatter won't.

Just get loud, they will move.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com