[AMPS] G2DAF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] G2DAF
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:45:48 +0100
Tom says:

>> ?  Power transfer is maximal when the resistance of the load equals the
>> internal of the generator.  At this point, efficiency is 50%.   However,
>> in practice amplifiers are c.60% efficient.
>
>You've made the common mistake of looking at "pictures in books"
>and not reading all the text explaining the pictures.

There are at least as many very eminent engineers and academics who disagree
with Tom as there are those who agree. Positions are sufficiently entrenched
that I don't believe either side will convince the other. Personally, I
can't swallow 'non dissipative' resistance. But I think that all this thread
will produce is acrimony and discord.

73

Peter G3RZP