[AMPS] DPDT Relay Needed for the Acom 2000a

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DPDT Relay Needed for the Acom 2000a
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:28:59 -0500
Hi:

I just purchased an Acom 2000A for my remote controlled station which
uses a Kachina 505dsp.

I'm going to use one of the 12v control signals available to turn the
amplifier on and off.  In order to do this I need a DPDT relay with a
low current 12v coil with contacts that can handle 220v' at 20amps.
I'll put the relay in the 220v line to the amplifier.

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

Does anyone see a problem with turning the amp on this way?

I'm hoping the Acom amp can be turned on/off with software but I have
not found the answer yet.  In the mean time I plan on going the relay
route.  Should get the amp today per the ups web page.  Really looking
forward to having 1500 watts vs the current 500 watts with my Kachina
KC-500-DC amp provides.  By the way the KC-500-DC solid state amp is for
sale.  Its a nice amp that tracks along with the 505dsp.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Thorne - N5ZC (EX. KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Amarillo, TX
http://www.tcac.net/~rthorne/