[AMPS] Re:

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:34:44 -0400
> The description of a load SWR of 1 is for legal eagles to ponder over, not
> even HP, Rhode and Schwarz, etc., offer such devices in our real world.
> For example, if someone's 10 kW linear was impounded by the feds and
> measured into a termination with SWR of 1.001, this is not legal fare if
> the requirement is for a SWR of 1.

Actually they use a meter, and not a scope. And you outlined the
reason why the Feds do that.

They often park outside and measure FS while someone taps taps
on the door. When you let them in they insert a meter on the real
antenna you've been using and say hello to their friend outside,
who notes the FS looking for a sudden change.

> When things become too incomrehensible, people start interpreting the
> meaning to suit themselves;

How true.

Like the odd thing we keep hearing about "you can splatter as
much as you want unless you interfere with emergency
communications". Stuff that is simply made up to suit the view of
the poster.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com