[AMPS] Re:

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:
From: User312627@aol.com (User312627@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 17:26:48 EDT
On 99/07/26 Phil said:
> I have always interpreted  this to mean that one RF cycle is the minimum
time for the measurement.
If the modulation is a pure sine wave, one only needs one-half a cycle of
time to make the measurement. Most of the time, in practice the sine wave
contains harmonics and distortion as that a full cycle is needed in that
case. Furthermore, in the real voice signal there are few single frequencies,
most are very complex. I have another book, titled HF Radio Systems &
Circuits by William E. Sabin and Edgar O. Schoenike. Chapter 7 written by Mr.
Sabin is titled Speech Processing, Squelch, and Noise Blanking, covers among
other things, the Hilbert Transform. This shows components to very high
frequencies, indeed!
Regards,
Bill Williams KB7YUM