R: [AMPS] Pi-Net math

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [AMPS] Pi-Net math
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:25:49 +0200
Bob's statement is perfectly correct because he doesn't suggest to
add an extraneous circuit but simply redrawed the PI circuit  in another
form (the most didactical one in my opinion).
A PI network can be seen as two back to back L networks matching
a common intermediate impedance between them.
The gap of the L network is that given the loads, only a solution exists,
thus the Q can't be selected but comes out just (Q is equal to the square
root of (Rp/Rs)-1).
Obviously, 2 L networks connected back to back overcome the single
L network limitation that would give no chance of Q selection.
Developing the algebrical sum of the components of the 2 L networks it
comes out the known and desired PI network configuration.

73,
Mauri I4JMY