[AMPS] Zero Bias in GG Amp.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Zero Bias in GG Amp.
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:44:44 -0700

>Thanks for Mr.Egen, Karlsson and Perzonka, for yours attention to my
>problem, by the way, almost old version Grounded Grid Amplifier using zero
>bias in their cathode, I don't know what limitation happen in a few years
>ago, so how to determine the class service of this GG amplifier either AB1,
>AB2 or class B ???. but recently almost every GG
>Amp. design using diode zener for cathode biasing, my question, how to
>determine this zener voltage for various tube that available in  the market.

?  For thoriated tungsten fil. tubes, Zero Signal Anode Current is
roughly 20% of max. rated anode-current.  For oxide-cathode tubes, ZSAC
is typically about 10% of anode-current.    In both cases, since the
actual bias V depends on the amount of anode voltage supplied to the
tubes and actual  Mu, you need to test each tube to determine the correct
bias V at the anode supply V you are using.  .  .
.  A rugged means of obtaining an adjustable bias V source is a string of
forward biased 3a rectifiers connected to a rotary switch.  Each diode
provides approx. 0.7V drop.

-  cheers, Firson