[AMPS] New Triode Board from G3SEK

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] New Triode Board from G3SEK
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:40:13 +0100
igor rosky wrote:

>What a pity this board cannot handle a YC156 or a 3cx3000a7. The
>spiralling costs of new tubes make pulls in these tubes attractive.
>Dollar per watt these tubes are a bargain, considering the new costs of
>a 8877 or 3cx1200z7.

It probably CAN "handle tubes with handles" - but they haven't been
tested yet. The tubes named on the web page are those with which the
board has actually been tested, so far. I'd be happy to add others, as
soon as positive reports come through.

The bias circuit is good to at least 2.5A (probably more, and certainly
much more by beefing-up the external pass transistor). Likewise the
anode and grid current sensing is easily reconfigured to higher ranges.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek