R: [AMPS] Silver Plating question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [AMPS] Silver Plating question
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:23:04 +0200
I've more than some doubt if available copper is really a
better conductor than silver plating.

Under my eyes, a big power commercial VHF/FM amplifier
prototype  was on test and the tuned line, a bare copper
machined from a single piece, heated quite a lot. The same
line, after silver plating, didn't develop any abnormal heating.

I can report a brand new (bright, shining) copper VHF cavity,
part of a duplexer, had a certain bandwidth and attenuation.
The same cavity was then silver plated. The bandwidth
decreased toghether the attenuation.

The same was done in a similar cavity but UHF, the difference
was markedly bigger.

73,
Mauri I4JMY