[AMPS] AlphaRemote problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AlphaRemote problem
From: John_Nelson@compuserve.com (John Nelson)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:23:57 -0400
Folks:

This is probably more of a Windows problem than an amplifier problem, but
I'd appreciate some advice. The guys at Alpha/Power did a fine job on
mending the 87A I accidentally vandalised when doing the firmware upgrade.
Now it's back in the shack, I've installed the AlphaRemote software.
However, the error message "Can't find DLL entry point InitCommonControlsEx
in ComCtl32" appears when it's fired up and it won't talk to the amp.
HyperTerminal talks to it with no problem, so it's not an RS-232 issue.

Running Windows 95 with Service Pack 1 on an elderly PS/2 Model 85. Has
anyone else had this problem with AlphaRemote, and can any Windows guru
please suggest a fix?

73 John
GW4FRX