[AMPS] Dentron Clipperton L Conservative Loading?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dentron Clipperton L Conservative Loading?
From: K4ZDZ@aol.com (K4ZDZ@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:20:49 EDT
I am new to the AMPS group and, in fact, new to amplifiers since my last amp
was a Heathkit HA-14 25+ years ago!

I have a newly acquired Clipperton L which I need some information on. My
questions are:

1. Since I intend to run this amp on SSB very conservatively to prolong
component life ( and my pocketbook), should I run it in the CW (low power)
position (approx 1500V @ 670 Ma) or in the SSB (high power) position (approx
2500V @ 400Ma)?

2. Are there any drawbacks to conservative operation of this amp (other than
the obvious foregoing of 1-2 db)?

3. What modifications are cost effective for this amp?

Since I have noted threads indicating many of you have used the Clipperton L
for years, I'm sure this is the right place for advice!

73s de K4ZDZ