[AMPS] Reading Reflected and True (?) Power

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Reading Reflected and True (?) Power
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:31:00 -0500
Jim Reid wrote:

>Conclusion:  More drive power is required to yield a given
>power into a load which differs from 50 ohms,  in  fact it
>seems to require the drive power that would send,  into
>a good 50 ohm load,  the sum power of the indicated
>forward and reflected. 140 watts drive into the  linear
>would produce well over 2 kW into the dummy load,
>see point 3,  above.

I have to think a little about your statements.  While I don't doubt your
experimental results, I would have thought that you would not see that
variance in drive power.

Of course, one has to start thinking about total available power vs.
power delivered to the load.  In a non conjugate matched system, these
two numbers are different.

I'll sleep on it and comment more later.

Good work, Jim!

73,

Jon
KE9NA