[AMPS] Hold on - SWR meter placement

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Hold on - SWR meter placement
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:35:54 -0700

>>>What is "less than perfect" SWR, Rich?  I thought SWR was a ratio of max
>>>voltage to min voltage on the line.  What is meant by "less than perfect"?
>>>
>>More than 1 to 1.
>
>Still insisting on YOUR wives tale, Rich?

?  You might do well to try the experiment, Jon.  Who knows, you could be
right?  Wanna make a side bet of a large pizza with five toppings and
salad bar?.

>   All the rest of us and all of
>the textbooks that talk about VSWR are wrong?

? I am aware of no textbook that says moving an SWR meter along a
mismatched transmission line will make no difference in the reading.  The
93-ohm halfwave line in the Quiz was just such a case.  The measured SWR
varied all over the place.