[AMPS] THE SWR FINAL EXAM!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] THE SWR FINAL EXAM!
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 99 09:41:17 -0500
Michael Tope wrote:

>Jon,
>
>A few minutes with MatchCad. See answers below.

It looks good.  Two of you have basically sent the same answers of
1.967:1 for the VSWR.  I guess that's exact.  I was using a Smith Chart
and got 2:1 for the VSWR which is pretty close.  2:1 was what I was
hoping for.

Kudos to the guys who did the math the long way and got exact answers!
(of course is MathCard the "long way"?)

The point was to demonstrate (as *most* of us know) that the VSWR is the
same everywhere along the 50 Ohm line.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na