[AMPS] CB Superpower

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CB Superpower
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:58:19 -0400
At 08:02 AM 10/14/1999 -0700, Larry L. Ravlin wrote:

>Never again am I going to worry about running my little four, 3-500zg amp a
>little over the limit.

I just spent a little time cruising the "bigradios" web site.  Fascinating!
 They clearly *are* worried about drawing FCC enforcement attention.  Like
cockfights in this part of the country, they tend to hold these
competitions out in the boondocks, and the only way to find out exactly
when and where is to contact the organizers.  That would make it pretty
hard for the FCC to show up unless they had inside help...

I understand, ironically, that you're probably in less danger of
enforcement action if you're unlicensed.  The FCC has all sorts of
administrative sanctions that it can apply to licensees (restricting
privileges, etc.), but has to go to much more trouble and legal complexity
to go after the totally unlicensed.

Or have I got that wrong?

73,  Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower