[AMPS] SB220 on 6

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB220 on 6
From: ns1z@arrl.net (John / NS1Z)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 05:03:20 +0000
I have been butchering a Heath SB220 to get it on 6. Input VSWR is ~2:1 and
can't seem to improve that. Rich mentions a problem with the relay causing
reactance. The bypass measurement is the same so I will get out the board
burner and add the cap he speaks of.

The tank circuit is where I am perplexed! Tune cap is adjusted for minimum
to get max power out. I am seeing ~ 500 watts with 100 watts drive. I have
tried removing plates from the tune cap and get identical results. This
seems to indicate that I still have too much cap in the tune side of the
output network. Right / Wrong?

Suggestions to get more smoke out of these bottles? I thought I should see
about 8-900 out.....

73 from NS1Z, FN44rn

John Wilcox
871 Route 120