SV: [AMPS] K2RIW 432 Mhz Stripline Amplifier (Dec 72 QST)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] K2RIW 432 Mhz Stripline Amplifier (Dec 72 QST)
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (Hans Goldschmidt)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 11:44:48 +0100
Hello! The Brittish Short Wave magazine had a long series of articles on a
very advanced power supply for the K2RIWs and a lot of valuable info on
screen grid tubes. Also in an old issue of the Radcom there was an article
how to feed your screens with tube type regulators. If I only can find those
articles in my file, I will send you info about it.The only advantage I can
see in the K2RIWs is that new 4CX250Bs are becoming very cheap now a days,
at least in Sweden. There has also been an article in QST about using 8874s
and 8930s (?= SVETLANA 4CX400 ). 8874 is out as it is very expensive. Try
one of those Russian inexpensive instead and start from scratch.
HJej daa de Hans SM5KI