[AMPS] Old linear articles on CDs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Old linear articles on CDs
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (Hans Goldschmidt)
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 22:22:52 +0100
 Very nice you like my idea. A good starter would be to ask EIMAC or Bill
W6SAI to get permission to reprint EIMACs application bulletins. I have
them, but I have not the knowledge or scanning fascilities to distribute
them. Some of the bulletins are just reprints from articles in QST and HAM
RADIO. You know the ARRL has all QST.s from scratch on CDs and it would be
very good if someone could scan in on CDs all the wonderful linear articles
in Ham Radio. Together with an easy index system to find the articles.
Before it is to late. Also get permission to reprint all very good
information on linears in the different issues of the RADIO HANDBOOK and
ARRLs SINGLE SIDEBAND HANDBOOKs from the past.

In my collection I have a reprint of the first patent application on SSB  (
rather DSB ) by CARSON from the twenties. And a reprint from  a publication
shortly after world war one asking: " will themionic tubes ever replace
spark gaps in transmitters? "-------- did they? A good question after
listening on the recent CQ WORLD WIDE, hi!

Attention Rich: >There is a very informative article on parasitics by Don
Mix in one of the old QSTs from the late forties - I believe 1948 or 49?

Prosit de Hans SM5KI