[AMPS] Confused about 'circulating currents'

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Confused about 'circulating currents'
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:19:52 -0600

>What are these mysterious circulating currents?
>I'm having trouble finding a satisfactory explanation.
>Also curious as to how to calculate (physics, not rule of thumb)

?  There is no exact means of tank calculating circulating current
because the voltage at the Tune-C and Load-C is somewhat dependant on
operator adjustment.  A fair approximation is tank Q multiplied by anode
current.

I have always used the above formula to determine the proper wire/tubing
size when designing tank coils. I have never had a coil get hot; so far, so
good!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC