[AMPS] MLA-2500 mods

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MLA-2500 mods
From: W8AV@aol.com (W8AV@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:10:06 EST
In a message dated 11/9/99 11:22:40 AM EST, gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU
writes:

<< Rich (Russo, not Measures) wrote...

 >   I am new to the group and I interested in converting a Dentron MLA-2500
 > from 8875's to a pair of 3cx800a7's.  Does anyone have the plans to make
such
 > a swap?
 > I have some documentation to convert the amp to other tubes but I am
 > interested in the above modification. If anyone has done this, I would
 > appreciate some pointers,pics, pitfalls etc.... Tnx in advance!! Richy

 Use a SINGLE 3cx800a.  The power supply in the Dentron isn't up to a
 pair of 3cx800's.  The SINGLE tube has a dissipation of 800W,
 the same as the original PAIR of 8875's.

There is also some information on the Svetlana web page about converting the
MLA-2500 to use two 8874's which are electrically identical to the 8875.  The
only difference is the cooling configuation.

73..........de Goose W8AV