[AMPS] Ergonomics (was SB-220 prob)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ergonomics (was SB-220 prob)
From: n2bc@stny.rr.com (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:30:19 -0500
I for one have cranked the bandswitch on a '220 by mistake more than once...
Our club has a 220 and since I only use it a few times/year & not used to
it, I've given the bandswitch a crank or two with key down.

What's needed is not oil on the detent - at least on our club's amp what's
needed is tightening up the darn detent! A different knob is a great idea.

Of course the best cure for 3AM contest groggies is an Alpha 87A or one of
those new ACOMs.  I had the fun of looking thru the SS log of a buddy with
an Alpha, pretty nifty to see a band change to grab a cluster spot
sandwiched between a string of QSOs while he was CQing - all in the same
minute!  Takes me 5 minutes and much twiddling to QSY my homebrew monster.
Working on a semi-auto tune approach for it's next upgrade.

I'll go back to sleep.   73  Bill  N2BC