[AMPS] .The 1970 tubes in the SB 220

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] .The 1970 tubes in the SB 220
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:11:49 +0100
I still have those (made in France)  AMPEREX/PHILIPS YD 1130 used in the
original SB 220- the ones with graphite anodes, remember?  When looking into
one old PHILIPS tube manual on the YD 1130, the tube data is exactly the
same as the EIMAC 3-400Z but the outline is as the 3-500Z. So, the question
is maybe the modern 3-500ZGs are = the YD 1130? Also: will they be usable
after so many years? I plan to warm them up or at least 24 hours before
using them. They are unused in original cartoons. Did EIMAC in 1970 sell
them under their own name? Because the tubes I had in 1970 had the EIMAC
name on them but looked like the YD 1130.

Prosit de Hans SM5KI