[AMPS] Tube FS

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tube FS
From: fredffff@hotmail.com (Fred Fliss)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:46:44 EST
There are companies who specialize in largish power supplies for such tubes.
  Generally you custom order the rig and a flatbed truck with crane delivers
it to you.  Generally packed with some sort of dielectric oil, too.  Often,
you plop the supply in your parking lot with heavily sheathed cables running
into your building to run the RF rig.

At the Eimac factory, the test rigs for these are cavity-based designs.
Quarter wavelength cavities at 15 - 20 MHz; they tower above the
manufacturing floor.

FF

To: <amps@contesting.com>