[AMPS] Russian Tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Russian Tubes
From: w2ge@home.com (Phil Levin W2GE)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:22:20 -0500
Dear amps,

Due to the number of requests I have had regarding russian transmitting
tubes, I am posting the most recent info I got from Yuki, JA8FDT.  He is
the ham in Japan (rhymes, don't it?) who has these.  If interested,
please contact him directly.  Tell him I sent ya'.  P.S.  I have NO
business interest in this, just passin out info.

His english BTW is so, so... but he's very reliable and he personally is
warranting the tubes for 2 years and 5000 hours!  The following is a
combination of two e-mails.  Specs for most of the tubes can be found
at:

 http://df6na.mayn.de/~df6na/tubes.htm

Dear Phil.

Well,GS-35B ,price same as GS-23B,$200.-(in side of Japan)
Because ,easy make to socket for GS-35B,and also not so many
coming this tube.
 But, can out put high power,over 3KW in 144Mhz.
Then,I will try to HF amp. by 2-GS-35B,maybe 5KW out,easy.
By the way,some one said only $100/ea,in USA.
Then,it too cheap way,if you get info.(sorry,i am forget!!)

 This GS-35B is too heavy weight(2.8Kg),will need more cost of
transporting,i think.
 Anyway,cannot so many QTY for sale to you,must do stock
on my side,for warranty(I am adding 2years and 5000hrs)
It my policy. (All of adding warranty)

Maybe,now can sale QTY as 4pcs-GS-23B,and 9pcs-GS-35B.
(Keep 2 pcs on my side,both)
That all.   TNX asking!!
Regards      de  JA8FDT - FDT labor-

PS:FDT labor is my Web.page,Russian tubes  in Japan.
      At now,only writen japanease,sorry!! (Can use Babelfish.com PAL)

     Stocked: GU-5B,GU-50,GU-74B,GU-84B,GU-29,GI-6B
                     GI-7B,GI-46B,GS-23B,GS-35B,GS-9B,etc.
                     USED,7F71R,4-125,6146,807,4CX250R,4X150
                                 5F20R,5F66R,etc.

                    Bird-43 and many elements(slugs),
 High voltage RF capacitors(MURATA,etc)

Russian tubes are much great performance all most.
Maybe number one choice at now.

And they do pull out max.power,some times over spec..

Exm. ,1.2KW output on 2m by a GU-74B(Cavity amp.).
(EP 2500V,Esg 350V,Eg -57V,Ip 700mA)
Of cause ,it can not cover my warranty.!! hi hi
(Warranty as limited by spec.,600W dissipation of anode ,
and max. voltage are 300Vdc at G2,etc.)

Anyhow,EMEer want full power,also do DXer!!
Just CRAZY !!
I know ,one of use 4CX15000 in HF,max. outed 20-25KW.
And,too many used 3CX3000A7 amp.,HF and 6m.
My local used 7F71Rx2 on 40m,easy outed 10KW.

I am maked a amp. by 3CX3000A7 for HF.
It max. spec.,will out 7KW.
Not for me,didnot use my location,only for my friend.
He have good location in Iwamizawa,and ready used
7F71R amp..