[AMPS] Stabilised G2 supplies

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Stabilised G2 supplies
From: John_Nelson@compuserve.com (John Nelson)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:21:31 -0500
Message text written by "sm5ki"

>I remember many old tube transceivers that did not have any stabilized g2
voltage in the final and it worked fine. My old TX44XB for example. It sure
sounds fine and was once good enough OK for Swedish State Dept using many
of them as TR44s. This was a R4B+T4XB in the same case.<

As a consequence of their internal geometry, tubes such as the small 4CX
family tend to source lots of screen current as well as sink it. In this
they are unlike most "ordinary" tetrodes, and benefit much more from
stabilised G2 supplies capable of sinking and sourcing current.

John Nelson
GW4FRX

#

#